5 Ways To Increase Your Money Mindset Before 2019
With only 28 days until the New Year, I want to make sure we’re riding in with a new money mindset. Now is the perfect time to align our energy and mind so we can reach our money goals and clear away any mental blocks that may be delaying our abundance.
So here are 5 ways you can increase your money mindset BEFORE 2019.
1. Change Your Beliefs: If you’re like me, you grew up in a family with your parents telling you “money doesn’t grow on trees,” and “money is just hard to come by” or there were constant feelings of never enough money. These are what I call Money Stories or Blocks. They are the perceptions or beliefs about what your family believed about money. They are usually buried deep in our subconscious so you may not even know they’re there. But, we have the power to change these beliefs! Instead of saying, “I have to work hard for money” flip the script on your mind and say “money flows to me easily and effortlessly.”
This also includes changing your language. Instead of saying “I can’t afford that.” Now say, “I’m choosing to spend my money otherwise.”
It’s like the poet Rumi once said: “This world is like a mountain. Your echo depends on you. If you scream good things, the world will give it back. If you scream bad things, the world will give it back.”
Let’s only scream good things when we speak of money.
2. Open Your Mind to Infinite Possibilities: When it comes to receiving money, your logical mind can be your worst enemy. It has a limited capacity to think beyond what it already knows. When you have unexamined assumptions that you can only receive money in certain pre-determined ways—like a paycheck from work or winning the lottery—you block the Universe from finding other amazing creative ways to bring you abundance. So be open to receive in unexpected ways. Whether it’s being invited to dinner party on a fancy yacht, a fun work trip with all expenses paid, or even a friend offering to buy you a cup of coffee. Abundance comes in many forms. Be open to it all.
3. Create Space: Oh I love this one! When your life is full to the brim with old energy, memories and clutter, you are not symbolically or energetically creating space for abundance to come into your life. Do a life assessment—look honestly at your home, possessions, bank balance, love life, friends, career, free time, health and lifestyle. What needs to GO in order for you to feel freer, lighter and liberated? My husband and I are moving into a new home in January and I have already started the de-cluttering/sell everything process. I know the more you remove anything that no longer serves you, the more space you create, physically and emotionally, for new people, opportunities and abundance to flow into your life.
4. Show Gratitude: This is something I do almost daily but when it comes to money, I want to more intentional and focus on the wealth, abundance, and prosperity that is already present in my life. I have an abundance of health, a comfy bed to rest my head, and I’m mom to the happiest kid’s on the planet. I already have so much to be grateful for! I want to continuously cultivate this feeling of gratitude so I can attract even more abundance in my life.
5. Morning Meditation: What we give our focus to will multiply. I believe in focusing on the feeling that an abundance of money can provide. Starting your day off with a silent mediation will set you up for receiving all the Universe has to offer. I try to meditate every morning for about 20 minutes, but you can start small! The key is to be consistent. (so, shoot for 5 minutes everyday to start). During this time, I cultivate feelings of freedom, ease, and excitement. These are all feelings I would I have if money was easily flowing into my life. How would you feel if you hit your money goals each month? Start feeling those feelings now! And as those feeling arise, new opportunities will present themselves to you and new creative ideas will start to flow. It’s important to have fun with this!
I know money can be a scary topic to discuss or seem taboo to say you want more of it but abundance is our natural inheritance. And why not go after some big money goals? We’re worth it! Tell yourself that daily too and soon your bank account will agree.
With an abundance of love,